The 3 day course has been designed for drivers that have to transport “wheel chair/ scooter” clients in specialized vehicles with a capacity under 10 passengers.
The highly interactive and engaging course combines classroom theory work and practical hands-on in-vehicle exercises to optimize the adult learning process. The course encompasses three areas of learning::
- Physiological and emotional needs of the Clients,
- Emergency and Safety Procedures, including practical application for passenger securement and
- Vehicle dynamics to safely operate this specialized vehicle
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to demonstrate a proficiency in:
- Understanding the psychological and emotional aspects required to create an environment of respect and dignity when handling clients with special disabilities
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Loading and unloading passengers safely
- Wheel chair/scooter securement
- Safe handling of a vehicle with “different vehicle dynamics”
- Policies and procedures that are specific to this job.
This highly interactive program is designed for up to 6 participants.