This popular 10 hr. course is designed to enhance the senior/mature driver’s mental skills and to provide a comprehensive overview of the aging process and the effects of that process on drivers.
- License Renewal
- Rules of the Road
- Adverse Driving Conditions
- Collision Prevention Techniques
- Winter Driving
- Night Driving
- Following Distances
- Correct Intersection Turns
- How Vision & Hearing Affects Driving
- Lane Changing
- Coping with Traffic Hazards
- Medications & Driving
- Compensating for Reaction Times & Depth Perception that Decrease with Age
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Considerations when Purchasing a New Vehicle
Additional in-vehicle practice can be provided on an individual basis.
Senior Centers have used this course as an effective support tool for their residents.